Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI November/December 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our November/December 2018 issue looks at the advantages of hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO) over traditional biodiesel and growing global demand and new production capacity for this fuel.
On the topic of oilseeds, we examine how canola farmers around the world are fighting the highly infectious clubroot disease. We also focus on how trade tensions between the USA and China could affect the promising future of US soyabeans.
OFI’s transport & logistics focus looks at how Pakistan’s growing edible oil demand will put pressure on its port infrastructure.
Our November/December issue reports on the latest news and developments around the world relating to testing and standards.
We examine the margarine and industrial fats sectors in Russia and Ukraine and the similar challenges they face.
And we write on how extrusion pressing offers a mechanical alternative to traditional soyabean processing.
The November/December issue also includes OFI’s regular mix of news, event listings and statistics.
A bonus distribution of this issue will be made at the:
- 14th Indonesian Palm Oil Conference (IPOC) 2018, Bali, Indonesia, 31 October-2 November 2018
- 16th Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RT16), Sabah, Malaysia, 12-15 November 2018
- China International Oils & Oilseeds Conference, Guangzhou, China, 14 November 2018
- Fuels of the Future 2019, Berlin Germany, 21-22 January 2019
November/December 2018 highlights
UK prepares for ‘no deal’ Brexit
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
The mechanical alternative
HVO making it big
Canola farmers fight clubroot
All eyes on the USA
Transport & logistics
Pakistan’s imports grow
Testing & standards
Facing similar challenges
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
Rendering - OFI explains what is involved in the modern rendering process
Asia - A review of Malaysia’s palm oil industry
Palm oil - A look at the high oleic palm oil industry in Colombia and Ecuador
Lauric oils - A focus on India’s coconut and coconut industry
Plant, equipment & technology - Global round-up of news and developments
Biofuels - How biofuels can be used to help the marine sector reduce its emissions
- Palm & Lauric Oils Price Outlook Conference and Exhibition (POC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4-6 March 2019
- International Rendering Symposium at the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 14-15 February 2019