Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI March/April 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our March/April 2018 issue reports on how China is making a multibillion dollar investment to connect the east and west coasts of South America to secure cheap and easily transported soyabean imports.
We look at the global oleochemicals market and capacities in fatty acids and fatty alcohols, including which players are likely to survive.
On the subject of olive oil, we examine production and the state of the market in the EU, as well as providing a snapshot of the Turkish industry.
And we feature a round-up of the latest plant, equipment and technology developments around the world
The March/April issue also includes OFI’s regular mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at:
- 109th AOCS Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 6-9 May 2018
March/April 2018 highlights
Cancer link found
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Connecting coast to coast
Who will survive?
Snapshot of Turkey
Plant & technology
Plant and equipment round-up
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Value Addition – How one US synthetic biology company is building the world’s first bio-based dodecanedioic acid plant in Malaysia, which will utilise the byproducts of palm oil processing to produce renewable chemicals
- Catalysts – Enzymes are nature’s catalysts and global enzymes leader Novozymes is targeting the palm oil market with a new product aimed at increasing oil extraction yields
- Commodity Trading, Finance & Price Forecasting – Reporting on the latest developments and price forecasts from the
- 29th Annual Palm and Lauric Oils Conference and Exhibition (POC 2018)
- Butter & Spreads – A feature on the causes behind last year’s spike in European butter prices and what lies ahead
- Russia – A look at the planned oils and fats expansion of Rusagro, one of Russia's largest agricultural producers, and the expected growth of the Russian oil and fats industry due to the country’s economic recovery
- 18th European Fat Processors and Renderers Association Congress, Barcelona, Spain, 20-23 June 2018