Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI June 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our June 2018 issue looks at how a rapidly growing population is fuelling African demand for vegetable oils, with an import boom expected in the next few years, and where these additional imports will come from.
On the subject of bleaching earths, we examine how different oil types and their quality can affect the level of potentially carcinogenic MCPD and GE compounds in edible oils and the role that heat- and acid-activated bleaching earths can play in tackling these. Another feature reports on how palm oil producers can minimise the presence of chloride and partial glycerides, which lead to MCPD and GE formation. A round-up looks at the products and solutions which different bleaching earth producers are offering to the oils and fats industry. While bleaching earth supplier Clariant writes on the company’s latest tests of various bleaching earth grades.
The issue also focuses on packaging and the advantages and drawbacks of metal, glass and plastic when it comes to oils and fats, as well as other factors such as oil-package interactions, packaging geometry and filling and capping systems.
OFI’s June issue features its annual Plant, Equipment & Technology listing of suppliers to our industry and an accompanying chart of company activities.
The June issue also includes OFI’s regular mix of news, event listings and statistics.
A bonus distribution of this issue will be made at the:
- 15th Oleochem Outlook conference, 12-13 July 2018, Hangzhou, China
June 2018 highlights
WHO urges trans fat ban by 2023
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Plant, equipment & technology
Plant & equipment listing 2018 and accompanying company activity chart
Removing MCPDs and GEs from edible oil
The road to healthier palm oil
Bleaching earths round-up
Testing new acid activated grades
Ensuring quality and shelf life
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Transport/logistics/shipping – The potential of Ukraine to become a major palm oil re-export hub to East European markets
- Renewable Resources – How the automotive industry is using renewable materials such as soya-based foams and plastics in their cars
- Oilseeds – The implications of new genome engineering technology for oilseeds
- Deep frying – Examining frying oil usage, demand and prospects in China
- Butter – A feature on the causes behind last year’s spike in European butter prices and what lies ahead
- 16th Euro Fed Lipid Congress, Belfast, Northern Ireland, 16-19 September 2018
- Black Sea Oil Trade, Kiev, Ukraine, 20 September 2018
- Globoil 2018, 26-29 September 2018, Mumbai, India