Oils & Fats International Issue | September/October 2016Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our September/October 2016 issue focuses on various strategies being adopted to minimise the formation of 3-MCPD, 2-MCPD and GEs in edible oils and the bleaching and deodorising process.
The magazine also looks at how speciality exotic fats can be used as cocoa butter equivalents (CBE)s in chocolate and confectionery applications.
We focus on how biofuels are providing an opportunity for the international rendering industry as demand for second generation renewable fuels grows. However, cheap palm and soyabean oils are threatening the price competitiveness of rendered products.
We report from an analysis on current household used cooking oil (UCO) collection systems in the EU and assess the feedstock’s potential.
And we preview the second OFI India 2017 conference and exhibition, being held at the Bombay Convention and Exhibition Centre on 7-8 April 2017.
Our September/October issue also features our regular round-up of the latest plant and technology developments around the world, our market review and our usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions will be made at the National Renderers Association (NRA) 83rd Annual Convention, Florida, USA (17-21 October 2016); OFIC 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (19-21 October 2016); PORAM Annual Forum and Dinner, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia (21 October 2016); 14th Roundtable Meeting on Sustainable Palm Oil (RT14), Bangkok, Thailand (7-10 November 2016); 11th China International Oils and Oilseeds Conference, Guangzhou, China (9 November 2016); and 12th Indonesian Palm Oil Conference (IPOC) and 2017 Price Outlook, Bali, Indonesia (23-25 November 2016).
September/October 2016 highlights
Editor’s Comment: Take-off for deal on aviation emissions?
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
3-MCPD and GE: a new challenge
Exotic fats for chocolate
Risk and opportunity
UCO: Use and reuse
OFI India 2017 preview
Mumbai hosts OFI India 2017
Processing & technology
Plant and technology round-up
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Transport/logistics/storage/storage – The role of biofuels in tackling maritime emissions
- Oilseeds – Soyabeans in Brazil and sustainability initiatives in the country
- Inspection/Testing/Instrumentation – Global oils and fats standards
- Inspection/Testing/Instrumentation – Round up of latest news and developments
- Biodiesel – A focus on Thailand’s biofuels developments
- Round-up of US suppliers – A review of major US producers of edible oils and fats
- 12th Indonesian Palm Oil Conference (IPOC) 2016 & 2017 Price Outlook, 23-25 November, Bali, Indonesia (send digital issue)
- Fuels of the Future 2017, 23-24 January 2017, CityCube, Berlin, Germany