OFI Magazine Issue | OFI May 2017Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our May 2017 issue examines the oils and fats sector in Ukraine, a world leader in the processing and production of sunflower oil.
The issue takes a look at activated carbon and its use in edible oil bleaching.
In our feature on commodity trading, we give a ‘back to basics’ explanation of futures and options trading and the role of futures exchanges in our industry.
In our technology focus, we write about some of the latest plant and technology developments around the world.
We also look at the production of argan oil in Morocco and its use in food preparation and as a highly-prized cosmetic ingredient.
And we report from the recent Palm & Lauric Oil Price Outlook Conference (POC 2017), in which experts predict a 6M tonne rise in world palm oil production this year.
As always, our May issue features our regular usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at the 14th Oleochem Outlook Conference in Nanjing, China on 12-13 July.
May 2017 highlights
The price of beauty
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Trading, futures and exchanges explained
Ukraine: the sunflower state
Argan oil – desert oil
Plant and equipment round-up
POC 2017 show review
Palm oil output to climb
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Margarine & spreads: Upcoming reform of Europe’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and its effects on the margarine and spreads sector
- The use of emulsifiers to address new demands from margarine manufacturers
- Packaging: Addressing the challenges of packaging foods with a high oil and fat content when using glass
- Bleaching earths: Examining the problems of spent bleaching earth and potential solutions
- Middle East/Africa: Profile of Dekkel Oil profile, a large-scale oil palm plantation operator on the Ivory Coast, West Africa
- Annual plant and equipment wall chart and company listings
- 14th Oleochem Outlook, Nanjing, China, 12-13 July 2017