OFI Magazine Issue | OFI July/August 2017Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our July/August 2017 issue focuses on oilseeds by taking a look at the canola industry in South Africa and the impact of the EU’s phase-out of conventional biofuels on rapeseed production in Europe.
We examine the battle between the dairy and spreads industry as the EU prepares to reform its Common Agricultural Policy.
On the subject of renewable materials, we look at the rise of plant-based alternatives to squalene, traditionally derived from shark liver oil.
And we report on the latest news and market trends which emerged from the recent OFI India 2017 conference and exhibition.
The July/August issue also features our regular usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at:
- 15th Euro Fed Lipid Congress, Uppsala, Sweden, 27-30 August 2017
- oils+fats Trade Fair, Munich, Germany, 11-15 September 2017
- Globoil 2017, Mumbai, India, 13-15 September 2017
- Black Sea Oil Trade, Kiev, Ukraine, 19 September 2017
July/August 2017 highlights
What’s in a name?
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Canola – a key to greatness
Consider the consequences
Margarine & butter
The battle of the spreads
Synthesised squalene saving sharks
OFI India 2017 report
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Transports/logistics/shipping/storage: Focus on the oils and fats players and their operations at the Port of Ghent
- Speciality oils: A focus on the global essential oils market and the top five essential oils, including orange, eucalyptus, citronella, tea tree and mint oils
- Rendering: The use of rendered products in pet food
- Sustainability: Tall oil and its low ILUC (indirect land use change) risk
- Instrumentation: Round up of global developments
- Plant, equipment & technology: News focus
- National Renderers Association 84th Annual Convention, 23-27 October 2017, Puerto Rico
- PIPOC 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 14-16 November 2017
- PORAM Annual Forum, Dinner, Golf Challenge, 17-18 November 2017
- 15h Roundtable Meeting on Sustainable Palm Oil, 27-30 November 2017, Bali, Indonesia