Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI February 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our February 2018 issue reports on how a slowing supply of newbuild dry bulk cargo ships and higher bunker fuel costs will result in a rise in freight rates for the grain and oilseeds trades.
We look at the growth of the ASEAN oleochemicals industry.
And with the global obesity rate nearly tripling since 1995, we examine the causes of obesity and the role of oils and fats in this problem.
On the subject of Europe, we focus on Bulgaria’s oils and fats sector, and feature the latest developments relating to the EU’s Renewable Energy Directive, including the bloc’s position on crop-based fuels and palm oil.
We also write about how the installation of new pumps has helped transform the business of France’s Olvea Group, a leading supplier of vegetable and fish oils.
The February issue also features OFI’s regular usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at:
- 13th World Bio Markets, 22-22 March 2018, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
February 2018 highlights
Palm oil targeted
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Health & nutrition
Oils, fats and obesity
Transport & logistics
Freight putting margins at risk
Past, present and future in ASEAN
Bulgaria: Looking from Europe to Asia
Renewing renewables rules
Pumps transform business
Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next months issue:
- Oleochemicals/Surfactants/Detergents – Examining the global fatty acid and fatty alcohol markets
- Olive oil – Snapshot of the olive oil industry in Turkey, the world’s second largest producer of the oil
- Olive oil – Focus on the EU olive oil sector
- Technology – Round-up of plant and technology developments worldwide
- South America – OFI reports on the Bi-oceanic Corridor, a multibillion dollar project to connect the east and west coasts of South America to aid soyabean exports
- Transport – Focus on the five largest edible oil ports in India and how they plan to keep up with growing imports
- 109th AOCS Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 6-9 May 2018 (225)