Oils & Fats International Issue | OFI January 2018Subscribe and don't miss an issue.
Our January 2018 issue throws a spotlight on the decline of the coconut sector in the Caribbean and how the region is trying to revive production.
Reporting from the International Palm Oil Congress and Exhibition (PIPOC 2017), we focus on the labour, yield and image issues that the palm oil industry needs to tackle.
While India dominates world castor oil production, we examine how China is planning is increase its output of castor seed.
We also look at how China – which is the Ukraine’s second largest market for sunflower oil – is investing in various infrastructure projects in Ukraine in order to secure future food supplies.
On the subject of plant & technology, we cover some of the latest projects, technology and process news and developments around the world.
The January issue also features OFI’s regular usual mix of news, event listings and statistics.
Bonus distributions of this issue will be made at:
- Fuels of the Future, Berlin, Germany, 22-23 January 2018
- International Rendering Symposium 2018, International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE), Georgia, USA, 1-2 February 2018
- Price Outlook Conference (POC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 5-7 March 2018
January 2018 highlights
Transport & Logistics News
Renewable Materials News
Diary of Events
Coconuts of the Caribbean
Tackling labour, yield and image issues
Castor – the story of the underdog
Transport & logistics
China bets of Ukraine
Plant & technology
Plant & equipment round-upSubscribe and don't miss an issue.
In next month's issue:
- Oleochemicals – Examining the past, present and future of the oleochemicals industry in the ASEAN region
- Health & nutrition – A focus on obesity and the latest scientific opinions on different fats and oils
- Biofuels – An update on the EU’s Renewable Energy Directive
- Europe – Profile on Bulgaria’s oils and fats sector
- Transport & shipping – A forecast of global freight rates for grain and oilseed trade, by Rabobank
- Technology – How pumps have helped France’s Olvea Group grow
- 13th Annual World Bio Markets, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 20-22 March 2018